Waiter or Waitress
The Waiter/Waitress as an ambassador for Cove55 is required to actively promote the quality image of the hotel at every opportunity. You are responsible to provide professional service to our guests, ensuring their visit will become a memorable experience. Your role will include Assignments as either Early, Mid or Late Waiter in the resort restaurant and during resort events.
It is of key importance to note that Cove55 is a small boutique property and thus it will be important and regularly required to perform duties outside of your job description as requested/required by the Resort Managers or Assistant Manager.
Offer professional food and beverages services to guests by combining any and all of the below duties:
- Greet and seat customers and serve them in a professional, discreet & personalized way
- Take guest food and beverage orders and serve food courses and beverages to guests
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, product availability, dietary needs, and special requests
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles
- Record transaction in Point of Sale System system at time of order
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages
- Pick-up trays and clean tables as needed to ensure a clean dining area
- Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area at every opportunity
- Complete opening and closing duties, including restocking items, turning on/off lights, and responsible for all service preparations before, during and after the service
- Present physical and accurate check to guest, process payment and payment handling
- Preparation of basic hot and cold beverages from behind the bar in the absence of the bar tender
- Acquire in depth knowledge of the food & beverage menu of the outlet in order to assist and provide advice to guests
- Practice good customer relations and attend to customer complaints/queries satisfactorily
- Responsible for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness standards in the outlet & upkeep of all service equipment
- Ensure minimum wastage, breakage and spoilage
- Actively use up selling techniques to exceed guest expectations and increase revenue
Further duties below required to complete work to required standards:
- Take room service orders from guests and deliver to guest rooms
- General cleaning duties in the restaurant and bar area
- To attend daily briefings, meetings and training when requested.
- To always be clean and properly dressed while on duty and to follow the uniform and presentation standards set by the management.
- To be aware of the importance of personal hygiene at all times.
- Select appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs, following regulations and resort standards.
- Check and report any maintenance work required immediately
- To respect his/her Superiors, accept requests without questioning, co-operate unselfishly, and be a good Team-worker.
- To be aware and follow security/fire/safety procedures according to the resort rules and regulations.
- Minimum 1 year related experience
- Able to work on shift and long hours
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a team
- Independent and able to work with minimal supervision