Cove 55 is an Internationally acclaimed luxury hotel & resort near Mt Santubong, Kuching. The hotel is committed to providing our guests a 5 star customer service and the highest levels of comfort and luxury. In 2018 the hotel re opened after extensive refurbishment and won two key international luxury hotel awards.
We value our team and promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you to feel part of our Cove 55 family from day one. We are dedicated to giving you every opportunity to excel in your role and you can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Cove 55 ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Cove 55 are looking for a dynamic, talented & dedicated sous chef to join our award winning team. This is a unique opportunity for career development at the highest level in a boutique luxury property.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, honest, dedicated and reliable individual who has the willingness to put in extra effort and time when required, as well as the passion and natural affinity to serve customers. You will work well under pressure and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
- Previous experience in similar position within a 4/5* Hotel or high quality restaurant
- Show a good command of the English language
- Be able to work unsupervised to a flexible time schedule
- Be self-motivated, proactive and solution driven
- Creative in menu planning, development and cooking to a high standard
- Have a proven experience managing other chefs & stewards
- Have a good knowledge of recipes and cooking methods
- To be passionate about cooking and positive in you approach to work
- To arrive at work wanting to do your very best and be a quick learner
- To maintain a high level of personal and kitchen hygiene
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
A sous chef as an ambassador for Cove55 is required to actively promote the quality image of the hotel at every opportunity. You are responsible to provide professional service to our guests, ensuring their visit will become a memorable experience. Your role will include Assignments as either Early, Mid or Late in the resort/restaurant and during resort events.
You will be fully responsible for managing the kitchen & stewarding operation whilst maintaining a high level of food production and service
You will be required to be flexible and creative by regularly trying new menu dishes and assisting guests with special food requests
You will be assigned duties in all sections of the kitchen, as this is a great opportunity for you to join a team of talented chefs to further your skills and career.
You will be working with a British head chef who has over 24 years of International experience, with experience in award winning fine dining restaurants and world leading luxury hotels.
What We Expect of You
- To assist the Executive Chef in overseeing the kitchen and stewarding operations of the Hotel
- To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries is expected and not requested
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests satisfaction
- To take the time to get to know the guests and residents, and to be committed to service excellence
- To consistently try to improve the current standards and maintain a high level of food quality
- To manage the kitchen in accordance with hygiene regulations
- To teach and train the kitchen team to perform to a high standard
It is of key importance to note that Cove55 is a small boutique property and thus it will be important and regularly required to perform duties outside of your job description as requested/required by the Resort Managers or Assistant Manager.
We offer an attractive remuneration that commensurate with experience to successful candidates. For interested applicants, please write-in with full resume or email your resume which should include your current and expected salary, together with a copy of passport-sized photo (N.R) to the below address:
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
SARAWAKIANA RETA SDN BHD (1131208-D)
Level 5, Tun Jugah Tower,
Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman,
93100 Kuching Sarawak,
Tel: (+60) 82 245 587 OR (+60) 12 822 0418 (MR ANDREW)
E-mail address: email@example.com