Maintenance and Resort Services
Duties & Responsibilities
The maintenance and resort services individual as an ambassador for Cove55 is required to actively promote the quality image of the hotel at every opportunity. You are responsible to provide professional service to our guests, ensuring their stay will become a memorable experience. Your role will include Assignments throughout the day on various shift patterns.
It is of key importance to note that Cove55 is a small boutique property and thus it will be important and regularly required to perform duties outside of your job description as requested/required by the Resort Managers.
Your role is key to guest impressions and safety of Cove55 as a resort to all guests and as such is of upmost importance to the overall customer experience, you will ensure excellent services by;
- Welcoming and acknowledging each and every guest throughout the resort
- Being responsible for pool and pool pump room maintenance
- Being responsible for electrical maintenance and reporting any major faults/issues which cannot be resolved by yourself to resort management for immediate action
- Being responsible for gas services maintenance and reporting any major faults/issues which cannot be resolved by yourself to resort management for immediate action
- Being responsible for plumbing services and maintenance and reporting any major faults/issues which cannot be resolved by yourself to resort management for immediate action
- Ensure general maintenance of paint and wood finishes throughout the resort.
- Keeping and monitoring a stock holding of general maintenance items at all times for immediate rectification of minor needs, including but not limited to spare;
paints, light bulbs, bathroom strips/seals and amenities, varnishes and fixings
- Keeping and monitoring of basic tools required for the trades throughout the resort
- Keep an up to date record of all maintenance issues and any actions taken throughout the resort
- Keep list of contacts for vendors/suppliers to assist with any major or specialist maintenance works
- Keep constant communication and relationships with offsite vendor services to ensure fast response and assistance when required
- Ensure safe and secure operation of all hotel guest amenities throughout the resort to reduce guest and staff injuries and accidents
- To comply with all health and safety regulations as governed by local guidelines
- Maintain the car parking area at all times
Whilst not completing maintenance duties, your role will include actively assisting in other resort areas such as guest concierge services, stewarding tasks and public area cleaning tasks
Further duties below required to complete work to required standards:
- To always follow health and safety guidelines in the use, storage and handling of chemicals and dangerous substances
- To practice safe handling and management of all harmful substances
- To ensure you wear correct Protective Equipment at all times when using hazardous materials
- To ensure all safety precautions are taken when working at heights or in hazardous areas
- Ensure up to date knowledge of resort services to be able to assist and inform guests correctly
- To attend daily briefings, meetings and training when requested.
- To always be clean and properly dressed while on duty and to follow the uniform and presentation standards set by the management.
- To be aware of the importance of personal hygiene at all times
- To ensure cleanliness and presentation of the resort at all times
- To respect his/her Superiors, accept requests without questioning, co-operate unselfishly, and be a good Team-worker.