The Bar Tender as an ambassador for Cove55 is required to actively promote the quality image of the hotel at every opportunity. You are responsible to provide professional service to our guests, ensuring their visit will become a memorable experience. Your role will include Assignments as either Early or Late Bar Tender in the resorts bars and during resort events.
It is of key importance to note that Cove55 is a small boutique property and thus it will be important and regularly required to perform duties outside of your job description as requested/required by the Resort Managers or Assistant Manager.
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when drinking at the pool bar, main bar or in the restaurant, offering professional food and beverage services to guests by combining any and all of the below duties:
- Greet and seat customers and serve them in a professional, discreet & personalized way
- Take guest beverage orders and serve beverages to guests
- Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, beer pumps, refrigerators, and other bar tools, following all guidelines
- Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies
- Requisition all necessary supplies to bar set-up area as required
- Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area
- Ordering and maintaining bar stock levels
- Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs promptly, ensuring no shortages throughout scheduled events, and ensuring proper authorization for additional payments as required prior to replenishing.
- Record transactions in Point of Sale System system at time of order
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with beverages
- Complete opening duties, including turning on/off lights, filling ice well, preparing speed rail, re-stocking and responsible for all service preparations before, during and after the service
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest, process payment and payment handling
- Barista services and coffee machine maintenance
- Acquire in depth knowledge of the food & beverage menu of the outlet in order to assist and provide advice to guests
- Practice good customer relations and attend to customer complaints/queries satisfactorily
- Responsible for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness standards in the outlet & upkeep of all service equipment
- Ensure minimum wastage, breakage and spoilage
- Actively use up selling techniques to exceed guest expectations and increase revenue
- You will be expected to assist in developing and evolving the beverage services throughout the property
POOL BAR TENDING
When bar tending duty is scheduled at pool bar all of the above duties and the addition of the below are required:
- Welcoming guests and arranging requested sun loungers
- Delivering guest beverages to loungers
- Keeping the pool deck area clean and tidy at all times with support from other staff in ensuring pool towels are fresh and replenished
- Opening and closing pool area, including lounger positioning, towel placing and clearing and umbrella opening and closing as required
- Securing bar in case of adverse weather in an outdoor area
- Taking guest snack requests and communicating to the restaurant/kitchen team
Further duties below required to complete work to required standards:
- General cleaning duties in the restaurant and bar area
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly
- Maintaining up to date daily records of refrigerator temperatures for health and safety
- To attend daily briefings, meetings and training when requested.
- To always be clean and properly dressed while on duty and to follow the uniform and presentation standards set by the management.
- To be aware of the importance of personal hygiene at all times.
- Select appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs, following regulations and resort standards.
- Check and report any maintenance work required immediately
- To respect his/her Superiors, accept requests without questioning, co-operate unselfishly, and be a good Team-worker.
- To be aware and follow security/fire/safety procedures according to the resort rules and regulations.
- Minimum 1 year experience or equivalent
- Able to work on shift and long hours
- Able to work in a team
- Independent and work under minimal supervision